Information about mint: สำนักกษาปณ์ (Royal Thai Mint)
|Mint name||สำนักกษาปณ์ (Royal Thai Mint)|
The Bureau of Royal Thai Mint, (Thai: สำนักกษาปณ์), is situated in Pathum Thani, Thailand. It is a sub-division of the Treasury Department, Ministry of Finance.
The first mint was established in 1860, inside the Grand Palace, as "โรงกระสาปน์สิทธิการ". Because of limited space, the mint was moved to the new building in 1875 (where Wat Phra Kaew Museum is located today). Then it was moved to Chaofah road in 1902 (where the National Gallery is located today), to Padipat road in 1972 and to the present mint in 2002. The mint at Pathum Thani was officially opened by Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on July 2, 2003.
The Royal Thai Mint is responsible for the production of Thai coins, medals and Royal Thai orders and decorations.
Coin distribution is the responsibility of the Bureau of Monetary Management.