|Coin||Silver Ounce 2014 Revolutionaries - Chinggis Khaan|
The currency of Mongolia since 1925 has been the tögrög, which currently circulates mostly as banknotes due to the low value of earlier coins and the reluctance of the government to issue large denomination coins; however, the government has authorises many non-circulating legal tender (NCLT) coins to be issued for collector's purposes.
Collector coins are dedicated to historical or general popular culture themes and are often not related to the country itself. Many of them are in standard bullion sizes, including the internationally popular one ounce of silver format.
This coin is the first silver issue in the Revolutionaries collection, and is dedicated to Chinggis Khaan (more commonly spelled as Genghis Khan, who led the Mongolians to a united empire from 1206 to 1227.
The obverse of the coin depicts the logo of Mongolbank (the Bank of Mongolia), which is formed as a round coin on a lotus bouquet associated with purity, delicacy and stability. Three fire flames and a blooming flower are located inside the coin. The figure symbolises eternal development and youth and the three flames represent the main national treasures. At the nominal value location the Soyombo symbol is positioned, representative of the Mongol ethnicity. The name of the Central Bank of Mongolia is written below the figure: МонголБанк in Cyrillic, which is the official script of the Mongolian language.
On the the two sides of the logo, vertically, the inscription Mongol Uls in the traditional Mongolian script.
Below the logo, on two lines the face value: 1000 TӨГРӨГ (one thousand Tögrög, alternatively spelled Tugrik).
Around below, the name of the issuing country and the metal content: MONGOLIA 1oz .999 SILVER (one troy ounce of 99.9% silver).
The reverse design depicts a portrait of the famous Mongol leader Genghis Khan.
Around above right, the inscription CHINGGIS KHAAN; below it vertically, an inscription in traditional Mongolian script.
Around below, the date of issue 2014.
||CHINGGIS KHAAN 2014
CIT Item ID: 26730
Coin in the Revolutionaries series include:
- 0.5 Gold, Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan), 2014
- 1 oz Silver (with coloured version), Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan), 2014
- 0.5 Gold, Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan), 2016
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan), 2016
- 0.5 Gold, Fidel Castro, 2017
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Fidel Castro, 2017
- 0.5 Gold, Che Guevara, 2018
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Che Guevara, 2018
- 0.5 Gold, Karl Marx, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Karl Marx, 2019
- 0.5 Gold, Mahatma Gandhi, 2020
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Mahatma Gandhi, 2020
- 0.5 Gold, Napoleon Bonaparte, 2021
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Napoleon Bonaparte, 2021
- 0.5 Gold, Mother Teresa, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Mother Teresa, 2022