At centre, the reverse of the coin depicts the small version of the Coat of Arms of Bulgaria: crowned lion rampant on a shield, facing left; in 1984, the shield is ornate. On the 1912 issue, there is also an inescutcheon (small shield superimposed onto the lion) carrying the Coat of Arms of Saxony as the monarch was a member of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. The shield is crowned with the large Diamond Crown of Bulgaria.
The crown originally belonged to Queen Marie Antoinette of France and was given to Princess Clémentine of Orléans as a dowry together with a golden carriage also belonging to Marie Antoinette. Both of those items ended in the possession of the Bulgarian Royal Family. The crown was modified to replace the French Fleur-de-lis to a Bulgarian ball with a cross on top.
Around above, interrupted by the cross on top of the crown, the inscription КНЯЖЕСТВО БЪЛГАРИЯ (Principality of Bulgaria) in 1894 or ЦАРСТВО БЪЛГАРИЯ (Kingdom of Bulgaria) in 1894.
The value and denomination 100 ЛЕВА (One Hundred Leva) are divided by the Coat of Arms. Below, the date of issue.
On the 1912 issue, the Coat of Arms is flanked by a laurel branch on the left and stalks of wheat on the right. Around below, the inscription 22 · СЕПТ · 1908 (abbreviated from "22 Септември 1908") - 22 September 1908, commemorates the date of the Declaration of Independence of Bulgaria from the Ottoman Empire.