|Coin||Gold Ounce 2022 The Bear|
The Democratic Republic of the Congo normally uses banknotes for circulation, and does not issue coins in the Congolese Franc currency. However, the country has authorised some foreign mints to issue commemorative and bullion coins under its jurisdiction.
Most of them are in internationally popular sizes, including the one troy ounce of gold (1 oz) format - such as this coin.
This fourth issue in the annual World's Wildlife Series is dedicated to the Bear (Ursidae).
The bear is one of the most famous animal species in the world and plays an important role in the mythology and culture of many nations because of its size and strength. The species belongs to the family of mammals and is divided into eight different subspecies. The most well-known subspecies include the polar bear from the Arctic and Northern Canada, the brown bear from North America, Europe and Russia, the giant panda from China, and the American black bear from North America and Mexico. While the animals' habitat once stretched across the globe, their territory has now been greatly reduced. Ongoing deforestation, illegal poaching, and climate change have led to the classification of some subspecies as endangered.
Within a beaded border, the obverse of the coin depicts the Coat of Arms of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which consists of a leopard head surrounded by an elephant tusk to the left and a spear to the right. On a ribbon below, the national motto JUSTICE PAIX TRAVAIL (from French: Justice, Peace, Work).
Below the Coat of Arms, in small letters the precious metal of the coin: 1 oz Au 999 (one troy ounce of 99.9% gold; Au is abbreviated from Aurum, the Latin word for gold).
Around above, the name of the country: REPUBLIQUE DEMOCATIQUE DU CONGO.
Around below, the nominal face value of the coin: · 100 FRANCS ·. Divided by the Coat of Arms, the date of issue 2022.
The reverse design depicts a brown bear in the wild. The majestic animal's open muzzle reveals its razor-sharp teeth.
Around above, the name of the coin: THE BEAR; around below, the name of the series WORLD'S WILDLIFE, divided by a map of the continent of Asia.
||THE BEAR WORLD'S WILDLIFE
Issued individually (1,000 bullion coins), or in a four-coin set (300 proof coins).
Coins in the World's Wildlife Series issued for Congo include:
- 5 oz Gold, The Giraffe, 2019
- 1 oz Gold, The Giraffe, 2019
- 1/2 oz Gold, The Giraffe, 2019
- 1/4 oz Gold, The Giraffe, 2019
- 1/10 oz Gold, The Giraffe, 2019
- 0.5 g oz Gold, The Giraffe, 2019
- 1 oz Silver, The Giraffe, 2019
- 5 oz g Gold, The Bald Eagle, 2021
- 1 oz g Gold, The Bald Eagle, 2021
- 1/2 oz g Gold, The Bald Eagle, 2021
- 1/4 oz g Gold, The Bald Eagle, 2021
- 1/10 oz g Gold, The Bald Eagle, 2021
- 0.5 g Gold, The Bald Eagle, 2021
- 1 oz Silver, The Bald Eagle, 2021
- 5 oz Gold, The Bear, 2022
- 1 oz Gold, The Bear, 2022
- 1/2 oz Gold, The Bear, 2022
- 1/4 oz Gold, The Bear, 2022
- 1/10 oz Gold, The Bear, 2022
- 0.5 g Gold, The Bear, 2022
- 1 oz Silver, The Bear, 2022