A silver coin (28 mm diameter with milled edge) known as "The Canberra Florin" featuring a shortened version of the crowned and robed bust of George V facing left; around, GEORGIVS V D. G. BRITT: OMN: REX F. D. IND: IMP: . The reverse features the original Parliament House within an oval frame set above crossed sceptres. Superimposed on the sceptres is a raised oval with the date 1927 incuse; around above, PARLIAMENT HOUSE AUSTRALIA around below, ONE FLORIN.
This coin was struck to commemorate the opening of the new Parliament House in Canberra in 1927. 2,000,000 were struck and were first issued on 09 May 1927.
The coins were extensively saved by people at the time and are today much more available than the regular issue of 1927.