|Coin||Silver Two Ounces 2022 The Simpsons - Bart Simpson|
The Tuvaluan Dollar is the currency of Tuvalu - a small nation in the Pacific Ocean. Tuvalu has never had banknotes of its own, and has been issuing coins since 1976; these circulate together with coins of the Australian Dollar, which is also legal tender in the country, and to which the Tuvaluan Dollar is pegged.
The Australian Perth Mint issues a large variety of non-circulating legal tender coins under the authority of Tuvalu. Some of these are in the silver two-ounce format (abbreviated as 2 oz). Strictly speaking, they are not bullion as they are priced at a premium and are targeted at collectors who appreciate them for their artistic merit and collectable value and not just for their precious metal content.
This coin is part of a long running series by the Perth Mint featuring characters from The Simpsons cartoons, and shows Bart Simpson.
The Mint says about it:
Struck from 2oz of 99.99% pure silver in high relief, this official licensed coin will appeal to fans of Bart, star of The Simpsons hit television show. The longest-running prime-time scripted show in television history, The Simpsons is a worldwide pop-culture phenomenon enjoyed across 200 countries in 27 languages.
||Mint Mark||Letter P
The obverse of the coin shows the crowned mature head of Queen Elizabeth II facing right (her effigy known as the "Fourth Portrait"). The Queen wears the "Girls of Great Britain and Ireland" diamond tiara, a wedding gift from Queen Mary (Her Majesty's grandmother) in 1947 - which she also has on the Machin and the Gottwald portraits.
In small letters below the head, the artist's initials IRB (for Ian Rank-Broadley).
Around the effigy is the monarch's legend, the date of issue and the value: QUEEN ELIZABETH II 2 oz 9999 Ag 2022 TUVALU 2 DOLLARS.
The inscription around the rim also incorporates the precious metal content. "2 oz 9999 Ag" means "two troy ounces of 99.99% silver" ("Ag" is abbreviated from Argentum, the Latin word for silver).
The coin’s reverse portrays cartoon character Bart Simpson in a cheeky pose.
Around below, the inscription BART SIMPSON.
Above left, the signature of the creator of the show, Matt Groening. On the left, the Perth Mint’s P mint mark. Around above right, the copyright acknowledgement ©20TV (20th Television).
The precious metal content, face value and date of issue are on the obverse.
||BART SIMPSON Matt Groening ©20TV
Silver Content (Troy oz): 2.000
Finish: proof, high relief, concave surfaces.
Packaging: accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity, the coin is presented in a branded acrylic case and shipper.
Perth Mint Item ID: 22L58AAA
Issue price: AU$ 239.00, US$ 163.33
Coins issued by the Perth Mint featuring The Simpsons include (ordered by metal / size / year):
- 1 oz Gold Bullion, Homer Simpson, 2020
- 2 oz Silver Coloured, The Simpsons Family, 2019
- 2 oz Silver High Relief, Homer Simpson, 2021
- 2 oz Silver High Relief, Bart Simpson, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Bullion, Homer Simpson, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Homer Simpson, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Marge Simpson, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Bart Simpson, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Lisa Simpson, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, Maggie Simpson, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured Can Shaped, Duff Beer, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Coloured Donut Shaped, Pink Donut, 2019
- 1 oz Silver Bullion, Bart Simpson, 2020
- 1 oz Silver Bullion, Krusty the Clown, 2020
- 1 oz Silver Bullion, The Simpsons Family, 2021
- 1 oz Silver Bullion, Marge and Maggie, 2021
- 1 oz Silver Proof Coloured, Itchy and Scratchy, 2021
- 1 oz Silver Bullion, Homer Simpson, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Bullion, Bart Simpson, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Proof Coloured, Krustylu Studios, 2022
- 1 oz Silver BU Coloured, Treehouse of Horror, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Bullion (with coloured version), The Simpsons - Season’s Greetings, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Coloured Mini, Bart Simpson, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Coloured Mini, Homer Simpson, 2022
- 1 oz Silver Coloured Mini, Marge Simpson, 2022
- 1/2 oz Silver Coloured, Homer Simpson, 2020
- $1 AlBr, The Simpsons Family, 2019