|Coin||Silver Ounce 2020 James Bond - GoldenEye|
The Tuvaluan Dollar is the currency of Tuvalu - a small nation in the Pacific Ocean. Tuvalu has never had banknotes of its own, and has been issuing coins since 1976; these circulate together with coins of the Australian Dollar, which is also legal tender in the country, and to which the Tuvaluan Dollar is pegged.
The Australian Perth Mint issues a large variety of non-circulating legal tender coins under the authority of Tuvalu. Some of these are in the silver ounce format (abbreviated as 1 oz). Strictly speaking, they are not bullion as they are priced at a premium and are targeted at collectors who appreciate them for their artistic merit and collectable value and not just for their precious metal content.
This coin marks the 25th Anniversary of the James Bond "GoldenEye" movie.
The Mint says about it:
Marking the 25th anniversary of the James Bond blockbuster GoldenEye, this superb silver proof coin bears a design inspired by the movie’s spectacular opening sequence. In GoldenEye, released in 1995, James Bond is on the trail of Alec Trevelyan, a vengeful rogue agent who possesses a terrifying satellite-borne weapons system. Played by Pierce Brosnan, 007 must face a deadly showdown in the jungles of Cuba to prevent his nemesis carrying out a plan to devastate London.
||Mint Mark||No mint mark
The obverse of the coin shows the crowned mature head of Queen Elizabeth II facing right (her effigy known as the "Fourth Portrait"). The Queen wears the "Girls of Great Britain and Ireland" diamond tiara, a wedding gift from Queen Mary (Her Majesty's grandmother) in 1947 - which she also has on the Machin and the Gottwald portraits.
In tiny letters below the head, the artist's initials IRB (for Ian Rank-Broadley).
Around the effigy is the monarch's legend, the date of issue and the value: QUEEN ELIZABETH II 1 oz 9999 Ag 2020 TUVALU 1 DOLLAR.
The inscription around the rim also incorporates the precious metal content. "1 oz 9999 Ag" means "one ounce of 99.99% silver" ("Ag" is abbreviated from Argentum, the Latin word for silver).
The reverse of the coin portrays James Bond in a swallow dive with a bungee cord attached to his ankles, against representations of a dam wall and mountains.
Below, the official GoldenEye logo in colour and the Bond family coat of arms bearing the motto ORBIS NON SUFFICIT (the world is not enough) and the number 25.
Silver Content (Troy oz): 1.000
Finish: proof, coloured.
Packaging: in a 007 branded presentation case and themed shipper., with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
Perth Mint Item ID: 20J74AAA
Issue price: AU$ 130.00, US$ 93.09
Coins featuring James Bond and issued for Tuvalu by the Perth Mint:
- 1 oz Gold, James Bond - 007, 2020
- 1/4 oz Gold Proof, James Bond - 007, 2020
- 1 oz Silver Proof Coloured High Relief, James Bond - 007, 2020
- 1 oz Silver, James Bond - 007, 2020
- 1 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - GoldenEye, 2020
- 1 oz Silver Coloured, James Bond - 007, 2021
- 1 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - Sean Connery, 2021
- 1 oz Silver Proof, James Bond - No Time to Die, 2020
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - Dr. No, 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - From Russia with Love 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - Goldfinger, 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - Thunderball, 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - You Only Live Twice, 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - On Her Majesty's Secret Service 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - Diamonds Are Forever 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - Live And Let Die 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - The Man With The Golden Gun 2021
- 1/2 oz Silver Proof Coloured, James Bond - The Spy Who Loved Me 2021